Friday, October 26, 2012

Savoury twisty bread

Lat year, I made a yummy cinnamon twisty bread. I have since been making it as a savoury twisty bread.
Here's how...
I made the dough in my bread maker. (Recipe to follow)
I rolled it out on a flour dusted counter with  flour dusted rolling pin. Brushed it with olive oil. The herbs you see were mixed with the dough. Goodness yes?
 Sprinkle the dough with parmesan cheese. In a previous time, I added sliced chourizo and mozzarella cheese to this layer before rolling. It was pretty good.
 Roll the dough lengthways to get a long roll.
 Slice the roll end to end.
 Twist the dough pieces making sure the cut or open side is exposed as the top layer.
oil and flour the baking dish
Form a ring from the twist and put into pan. Make sure you get a less out of focus picture for the next time.
 Now you may add more toppings. I like to put a bit more cheese, I think I added rosemary and some salt. I like malden salt. However, on this day, the salt didn't like me.
Boo Hoo. Try not to use your salty tears as a substitute.

Let rise and then bake. My oven is about 400 for 12-15 minutes? Maybe?
Sorry, there is no after picture!!!! GASP. I went out or something, when I returned, the bread had already been cut and the guests were enjoying it. Go back and look at the cooked cinnamon twist and imagine golden parmesan.

Here's the bread dough recipe:

1 1/2 cups of water. (Sometimes the flour needs more or less moisture. Depends on the season and where you live)
1 Tablespoon of salt
1 Tablespoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 cups of flour
1.5 teaspoon of bread machine yeast.

Use the dough setting for 1.5 lb bread.

When I use it as pizza dough, I'll add some powdered garlic, 1 tsp cornmeal and 1 tsp Newfoundland savoury     (much like oregano, only not).

There ya go...
off to make a ninja costume for 1pm. If I stop stalling, I may get it done.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment