Wednesday, March 27, 2013

thrifty treasures

Today I found a few treasures at the Sally Anne. It's been awhile since I've found any, so this is super nice. 

I love crewel work. Changing the direction of the thread makes a difference in texture and detail.

And a smaller squirrel one.

These works need to be cleaned up. Anyone have any tips? I don't know if the dyes in the wool will bleed and I don't want to find out the hard way. A lot of time when into these treasures. 

I also found this fabric! A gem yes?! It's almost a duck fabric, so a little thicker.

Most perfect for making another market bag like this one! And this one in merimekko!

Love making these bags for now and hope to have a little collection to sell at the market! 

Oh, look for me on face book. I have a new page. By Hook and Thread. 
I'll put the link up when I figure it out!

Cheers,
Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment