Monday, April 20, 2015

cotton bowls

It's been busy at the sewing machine. I think I will stretch it out to give you more blog posts.
Here is the latest obsession:
Cotton rope bowls
I've been wanting to do this for years. 
With the latest craze documented by some of my favourite bloggers,
 Soulemama and maya made 
and finding the actual rope at the local hardware store, 
I felt it was time to try it out.
Love love love.
Do you see the thin threads of colour?
Yea, it wasn't enough colour for me.
So I tired it again with bits of felt.
Yes, much better!
 I love the texture and pops of colour. It is therapeutic to sew around and around.

I have many more ideas for adding colour to the outside.
 The only thing stopping me is lack of materials. It is very expensive at the local hardware store. I think I may have to wait until I or someone else goes to the city.
Should I make these available to sell at the Spring Craft sale at the Fire Hall on May 2nd?
Whaddaya think?

have a good one,
Amanda




1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love. You have done a fabulous job! I will bring some rope with me :) Where can I buy it cheaply???

    ReplyDelete